A pro Fremont Realtor® can help with any and all questions you have about buying or selling your home.
When it comes time to buy a new home, many of us are primarily concerned with practical matters like size and cost. But for those looking to start or raise a family, one important factor that can often be overlooked is school district quality – after all, what good is a beautiful home if you don’t want your children spending their days in the local schools?
Before venturing into the housing market of Fremont, make sure you find out what you should ask about area schools with your Fremont Realtor® to ensure you’re getting a properly-educated deal.
Ask These Questions About Schools to Your Fremont Realtor®
1. What are the local high school graduation rates, and what is the school district like? This information will give you a basic overview of what kind of education your children can expect if they enter the Fremont school district.
2. Generally, what is the average class size, and what is the teacher-to-student ratio at each grade level? This will give you an idea of whether or not your kids might have better individual attention from the teacher.
3. Ask about specific programs you’re looking for (e.g., arts, special education, gifted & talented, IB, etc). Fremont offers a variety of programs to support students’ growth, so make sure you find out what your options are.
4. Which after-school activities are available at each campus – does your child play an instrument or participate in a sport that requires transportation to another location once dismissal bells toll? Knowing how many clubs and organizations are available will give you a better idea of how well-rounded their education could be and what sort of opportunities the school offers outside of academia.
5. Does the school district offer bus service? Depending on your work schedule or where you live, you may not be able to drop off and pick up your kids every day. Knowing that Fremont has its own bus system could make life a lot easier for you.6. What are the general safety standards and policies for Fremont schools? It’s important to know that your kids are in a safe and secure environment while at school. Finding out Fremont’s safety protocols is prudent and can help your peace of mind.
7. If applicable, what are the annual costs associated with each school in Fremont – i.e., field trips or extracurricular activities? Knowing what kind of expenses to expect ahead of time can help you budget better.
8. How rigorous are Fremont school’s curriculum and academic standards? Fremont is known for their academic excellence, so make sure you know what kind of work your children will be expected to do.
9. What is the Fremont schools’ approach to technology – are there a lot of Chromebooks in the classroom, or has the district opted for more traditional paper-and-pencil learning? Technology is ever-changing, so understanding Fremont’s approach to teaching with technology can help you decide which school is best for your child. Plus, the COVID-19 pandemic may have changed the school’s technology landscape.
10. Does Fremont offer any special services or programs that can benefit children with unique needs? Fremont schools may have special programs and services to support children with disabilities or learning difficulties. Knowing what’s available can help you decide which school is the best fit for your kid. best for your child.
Schooling is one of the most defining factors of a child’s education and should never be overlooked in the search for a new home.